How does the service work?
We will provide you with a basic package of a careline unit and careline button which can be worn as a necklace or wrist strap. When you press the button, it automatically dials the Croydon CarelinePlus control centre via your telephone line, and your personal details will appear on our computers.
You will then talk to a trained operator, which you will be able to do from anywhere in your home, and without using your phone handset. You will let us know what assistance you need and our caring and professional staff will take appropriate action.
What is Telecare?
Telecare solutions are usually a form of sensor and offer a comprehensive way to manage risk in the home, enabling people to maintain a greater level of independence with increased peace of mind.
We can recommend a range of unobtrusive telecare sensors that can be simply programmed to your careline unit. These can offer you a comprehensive way to manage the risks to your health or home environment, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The range of solutions now available include:
- smoke and flood detectors
- detectors that monitor for dangerous levels of carbon monoxide
- extreme temperature sensors that warn of potential hazardous situations
- systems that detect gas leaks and turn the gas off automatically
- systems that reduce the risk of falls by switching on lights as people get out of bed and raising an alarm if they do not return within a preset time
- systems that can automatically page a carer or friend up to 500 metres away to instantly alert them of a potential risk situation within the home
- property exit systems which reduce the risk of individuals leaving their home at inappropriate times of the day or night.
Who is it for?
Anyone can have a careline whether for reasons of home safety or personal security. We aim to respond to the needs of all local people, including older people, people with a disability and victims of harassment, domestic violence and bogus callers. Or maybe you have an illness such as HIV, Parkinson's disease or cancer for example. A careline gives an added sense of security to everyone who feels vulnerable
Croydon CarelinePlus response team
Croydon Equipment Solutions
28 Boulogne Road,
Social services for adults
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk