London Borough of Croydon

You will need to complete an honesty form if:

  • you need to use a large vehicle to carry household waste
  • you need to visit on a regular basis

This is necessary because of limited space and commercial waste rules.

Honesty forms will be provided when the van arrives at the site.

Types of vehicle which need an honesty form

  • van
  • minibus or people carrier
  • pick up
  • commercial 4x4
  • trailer with an internal length of over 1.5 metres

Use a car with a valid permit if you can.

Required documents

  • driving license
  • proof of address
  • photo ID

Acceptable photo ID

Extra photo ID is not required if you have a photocard driving license.

  • passport
  • full or provisional UK photocard driving licence (paper licences not acceptable)
  • Freedom Pass
  • EU photocard driving licence
  • national Identity card (non-UK nationals)
  • Electoral Identity Card (Northern Ireland)

Acceptable proof of address

  • full or provisional paper UK driving licence (if issued before 1998)
  • EU photocard driving licence
  • utility bill (dated within last 3 months - not mobile phone)
  • bank or building society statement (dated within last 3 months)
  • Council Tax bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • mortgage statement (dated within last 12 months)
  • benefit statement or letter eg pension, Child Benefit (dated within last 3 months)
  • HMRC document (not P45 or P60)
  • electoral identity card

If you do not complete the form with the necessary documentation you will not be able to access the centre.

We review honesty forms on a regular basis and track visits to make sure commercial waste is not taken to the site. We will investigate customers who misuse the system, and may visit you at home.

Vehicles not allowed access

Large and heavy vehicles cannot use the sites. These include, but are not limited to:

  • any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes max gross weight
  • any vehicle over 5 metres in length
  • any Luton style box vehicles (including any high sided vehicles)
  • any vehicle with more than 4 wheels
  • any tipper trucks or false sided vehicles
  • any vehicle and trailer over 5 metres combined