Be part of the pick! Join the #GBSpringClean 2019
Croydon residents have the opportunity to help to make our borough cleaner and greener by getting involved in this year’s Great British Spring Clean.
Organised by Keep Britain Tidy, the Great British Spring Clean is a national event which takes place from 22 March – 23 April. The campaign aims to bring communities all over the country together to give their neighbourhoods a really good spring clean, by clearing litter and rubbish from public paths and spaces.
As part of the Don’t Mess With Croydon – Take Pride campaign, Croydon Council will be championing all events. Since the campaign began in 2015 it has seen more than 350 residents volunteer to become Street Champions and organise local clean-ups in their areas all year round.
Residents keen to organise an event can register at www.keepbritaintidy.org. Croydon Council will provide full support for clean-ups by arranging any equipment that is required such as bin bags, gloves and litter picks. However, equipment is limited so please book your clean ups early. Find out more by contacting email@example.com
GB Spring Clean 2019 Upcoming events
- Saturday 20 April Litter pick picnic with Sean Roy Parker, Park Hill Park and Wandle Park, 11am-3pm
- Saturday 20 April Spring Park Residents association monthly clean up in Shirley, 10am – 12pm, Bridle Road Woodland, CR0 8AE
- Saturday 20 April Croydon Social Action Group and Street Champions litter pick at Milne Park East and Uvedale Crescent, New Addington, 2pm to 3.30pm.
- Saturday 20 April Chatsworth Road Residents Association litter pick, Chatswoth Road, south Croydon, 2pm – 3pm
- Monday 22 April Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association litter pick, Croydon High Street (North End), 6am – 8am