London Borough of Croydon

When you need someone to help you make your voice heard, these organisations can help:

Carers Information Service - provides a casework service offering in depth support and advocacy, such as liaising with social services and attending meetings.

Crossroads Care - South Thames Carers Support and Advocacy Services - provides advice, support and advocacy for Croydon carers aged 16 and over. They also provide help with issues such as applying for benefits and grants. 

Croydon Disability Forum - acts as a support and advocacy body for the disabled community. Liaises with other agencies to enable good communication and partnership between disabled people, decision makers and service providers. They also help to assist disabled people's further integration into the community.

Disabled Parents and Carers Together (DPACT) - provides advice, support, casework and advocacy for parents and carers who have a chronic illness or disability. They also offer support for preparing evidence for disability benefits applications and appeals.

Horizon Care and Welfare Association - provide advice, information, advocacy, interpreting and translation. They specialise in supporting the Somali and other BME communities but services are open to everyone.

MIND in Croydon - provides a wide range of services for people with mental health problems and their carers including advocacy.

Parents in Partnership - parent forum aims to enable and empower you to feel able to engage in local consultations and make representations at our parent forum meetings with professionals.

Family link workers support families on an individual basis, providing information and coordinating services when families feel stuck. They will also provide emotional support, make referrals and liaise with services on the family's behalf.

For further information please contact Jane Poulter tel: 020 8663 5626, email:

Voiceability (020 8330 6644 / mobile 0755 774 6416). For adults aged 18+ with a learning disability who require an advocate. They help service users voice and wishes to be heard when looking at life style options. The service is provided across Croydon as the advocate meets with the service user at various places and attends meetings with them.

For a more extensive list of organisations and support services please see the Advice and Guidance leaflet attached below. If we have missed anything that you feel we should have included please contact us at


The service provides:

  • impartial and confidential advice and information for your child's special education needs or disabilities around education, health and social care
  • support with understanding reports and letters, attending meetings and preparing for assessments and reviews
  • information and signposting to support services in your area
  • support with preparing for adulthood
  • impartial independent mediation and disagreement service, resolution service.

How can you get in touch with an independent supporter?

Address: Carers Support Centre
24 George Street
Tel: 020 8663 5630/5631
Opening times: Monday to Friday 10am-5pm
SEND Drop In sessions: Every Friday 10am - 12pm

Making an Application to the Court of Protection

The Court of Protection is the specialist court for all issues relating to people who lack the capacity to make specific decisions for instance on personal welfare, property and financial affairs. For guidance on making an application, please download the leaflet below. 


Help downloading files