- National policy, guidance and research
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit: Demonstrating impact of SEND provision
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Guidance to Support Identification of Pupils with SEND
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Using nurture
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Other useful resources
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Model policies and guidance
- Croydon mainstream school offer for SEND
- Requesting, reviewing and ceasing EHC plans
- Working with Education Services - Croydon Sensory Support Service (CSSS)
- Working with Education Services - Primary FAP
- Working with Education Services - Virtual School
- Working with Social Care
- Working with Health Services - Occupational Therapy
- Working with parent groups and voluntary agencies
- Working with Health Services - Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Training and networks
Croydon’s Children with Disabilities Team provides support for children and young people aged 0-18 years who have a permanent and substantial disability, and their families. The support provided is over and above what is available through universal and community services.
The team has the relevant knowledge, experience and skills to work with children and young people with disabilities and work closely with colleagues in health and education services to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved.
The team works with children and their families with the highest level of need due to their disability. An assessment will be initiated to identify if social work support is required. If a child/young person does not require specialist social care support, families will be signposted for more appropriate services. Families, or other professionals can make referrals to the Children with Disabilities team.
The service supports children and young people who have a permanent and substantial physical and/or learning disability, this includes profound multiple disabilities, disability associated with complex health problems, severe sensory disabilities and severe social communication difficulties
It excludes unrelated emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.
Getting in touch
Children with Disabilities Team,
2nd Floor, Bernard Weatherill House,
8 Mint Walk,
Croydon, CR0 1EA
Phone: 020 8726 6400