- National policy, guidance and research
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit: Demonstrating impact of SEND provision
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Guidance to Support Identification of Pupils with SEND
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Using nurture
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Other useful resources
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Model policies and guidance
- Croydon mainstream school offer for SEND
- Requesting, reviewing and ceasing EHC plans
- Working with Education Services - Croydon Sensory Support Service (CSSS)
- Working with Education Services - Primary FAP
- Working with Education Services - Virtual School
- Working with Social Care
- Working with Health Services - Occupational Therapy
- Working with parent groups and voluntary agencies
- Working with Health Services - Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Training and networks
Description of Service
The service is available for children and young people (CYP) with diagnosed hearing (HI) and/or visual impairment (VI), their families and settings from 0-25 years.
The specialist teaching and support staff of the Croydon Sensory Support Service work within the context of the Children’s Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice, working in collaboration with health professionals, families and carers, setting staff and CYP.
CSSS offers assessment and individualised educational intervention to support CYP with hearing and/or visual impairments.
For more information about the support the service can offer schools please use the link below Croydon SEND Local Offer – CSSSS. Information about referrals to the service are included here.
The Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the academic year 2018-2019 has been sent to all schools. The SLA explains in more detail the support the service offers and the responsivities of the school to ensure that this support is effective in meeting the needs of pupils.
If you further copies of the SLA please contact the service directly.
Getting in touch
Croydon Sensory Support Service
90 Central Parade,
0208 760 5780
Head of Service: Luisa Saddington - Luisa.Saddington@Croydon.gov.uk
Lead VI Practitioner (Acting): Rowena0’Brien - Rowena.Obrien@croydon.gov.uk
Lead HI Practitioner (Acting): Alex Haxton - Alex.email@example.com
For information about the Primary and Secondary enhanced learning provisions for pupils with HI contact Cindy Paulding, Cindy.Paulding@croydon.gov.uk.