- National policy, guidance and research
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit: Demonstrating impact of SEND provision
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Guidance to Support Identification of Pupils with SEND
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Using nurture
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Other useful resources
- Croydon SENCO Tool Kit - Model policies and guidance
- Croydon mainstream school offer for SEND
- Requesting, reviewing and ceasing EHC plans
- Working with Education Services - Croydon Sensory Support Service (CSSS)
- Working with Education Services - Primary FAP
- Working with Education Services - Virtual School
- Working with Social Care
- Working with Health Services - Occupational Therapy
- Working with parent groups and voluntary agencies
- Working with Health Services - Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Training and networks
The Croydon Local Authority (LA) 0-25 SEND Team are responsible for managing statutory processes and duties in relation to requesting an assessment for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans, reviewing and ceasing EHC plans.
In addition to the guidance and duties set out in the Send Code of Practice, the service has developed guidance and local documentation to support schools, families and other practitioners to understand expectations and time frames for each process.
As soon as the LA receives a request for an assessment for an EHC plan, the case is allocated to an EHC plan coordinator. Cases are allocated on the basis of the initial letter of the child’s or young person’s surname.
Contacting the 0-25 SEND Service.
The SEND team contact list has details of all EHC coordinators as well as other team members who may be able to help schools with any queries about processes and provision for children with or requesting EHC plans:
Making a request for assessment for EHC Plan
Statutory Assessment Panel (STAG)
The 0-25 SEND team holds a fortnightly panel to consider requests for assessments for EHC plan (see dates and times below)
If you would like to observe a panel meeting or to volunteer as a school representative to present and contribute to decision making on whether to the request for an assessment should be agreed please contact email@example.com
Request forms and associated documents
There are school request forms, pupil and parent view forms specific to early years, primary schools and secondary schools so that the evidence gathered provides the most relevant information for children in different phases of education:
Primary (KS1 and KS2)
Secondary (KS3 and KS4)
Diagram to show time frames and activities at each stage of the process from requesting an EHC plan to the issue of a final EHC plan:
Leading annual reviews of EHC plans
EHC plans must be reviewed at least annually.
Information on how schools should prepare, lead and record annual reviews are included in the information sheets below. These includes information on when to hold interim reviews and guidance on additional information required to support preparation for adulthood in EHC plan reviews from Year 9 onwards: