Information for parents of children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 applying to start reception year in September 2019.
Reception is the first year of infant (age 4-7) or primary (age 4-11) school. If your child is attending a nursery attached to an infant or primary school, you must still apply.
Deadlines - Closing date for primary school applications: 15 January 2019.
Admissions to independent schools are not managed by Croydon Council. To find out more please visit the Independent Schools Council website.
If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan that specifies the school best suited for your child’s needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions information.
If you are applying for a school place after your child has already started primary school or after the school year has begun, please visit our in year Admissions page.
How to Apply
Step 1: Getting ready - do your research
- Check the school finder tool to find a state primary school near you
- Read the primary schools prospectus and visit school websites (list of websites can be found here) to:
- Check the admission criteria to make sure your chosen schools are suitable for your child
- Find out about open days
Step 2: Create an eAdmissions account (if you already have an account skip this step)
Go to www.eadmissions.org.uk, click ‘Create a new account’ and follow the instructions.
Once you have created your account your user name and password will be sent to your email address – please store these in a safe place as you will need them to access your application and school place offers.
Step 3: Complete your application form
Last year, 9 out of 10 parents applied on time. Late applications will be processed after those received on time, which could severely reduce your child’s chances of being offered a place at your preferred school.
To complete the application you will need:
- Child’s name and date of birth as they appear on the birth certificate or passport. Please also ensure that your child’s nursery school holds the same details on record. If these do not match your application may be considered invalid.
- Council Tax Account Number. If you are responsible for paying council tax at your child’s address you will need to enter your account number (this can be found in the top right corner of your council tax bill).
- Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Some schools may require additional information to assess your application which you must provide through a SIF. You can find out if this is required and download the form on the school’s website.
Note: You will still need to complete the standard application form through the eAdmissions platform, even if you are submitting a SIF to the school.
If you have any technical problems with you eAdmissions account or the online application form please contact eAdmissions. This is a national platform and is not managed by the Croydon council team.
After Applying: School Place Offers
You will receive your school place offer on the evening of 16th April 2019 by email. You must accept or decline your offer by 30th April 2019.
To respond to your offer you will need to log into your eAdmissions account, so keep your login information safe.
If you are not offered your first preference school place, your child will automatically be placed on the waiting list for all schools of higher preference. The position on the waiting list will be determined by the school’s admissions criteria.
For more information on waiting lists please see the primary school prospectus or visit our FAQ page.
If you wish to appeal for a Croydon community school you can do so online here. You can also do so for some academies, please check the list of applicable schools here. For Voluntary Aided, Free School and other Academies you must contact the school directly for their appeal arrangements.
- Primary School prospectus 2019 [8.0MB]
- Admission Arrangements for Community Schools 2019-20 [112.0KB]
- Pan-London scheme for Co-ordination of Admissions to Reception and Junior 2019-20 [49.2KB]
- Waiting List Request Form [52.9KB]
- Community Schools Admission Arrangements 2020 -2021 [284.6KB]
- Pan-London scheme for Co-ordination of Admissions to Reception and Junior 2020-2021 [343.5KB]