Applications for a primary school place outside the normal admissions round are treated as 'in-year' admissions. The process for making such applications depends on whether you are applying for a place in:
- a community primary school(s) in Croydon, in which case you will need to complete an in-year Common Application Form (iCAF) available to download below
- any other primary school(s) in Croydon, in which case you will need to follow the process as described on the schools' pages in the prospectus or the schools' websites. A large number of these also use the In-year Common Application Form (iCAF) from Croydon Council
- a school outside of Croydon, in which case you will need to contact the home local authority, who will provide information on how to apply.
Croydon's iCAF is available to complete at: School Admissions. The iCAF must be fully completed for it to be treated as a valid application. When an iCAF is received, Croydon's school admission team will check it to ensure it has been completed properly. They also validate the address and then:
- for applications for community schools, the authority considers each application and, if a place(s) is available at a community school named on the application, makes its decision in accordance with its published admissions criteria, as set out in this prospectus and on the website, taking into account any waiting list held for that school
- for applications for other schools, the admissions team forward the child's name to the Croydon schools named on the form. If the school has a place(s) available, it considers each application and makes a decision in accordance with its published admissions criteria, as set out in this prospectus and on their website, taking into account any waiting list.
Other in-year applications forms
Where schools use their own in-year application forms, these should be completed and returned to that school. If the school has a place(s) available, it considers each application and makes a decision in accordance with its published admissions criteria, as set out in this prospectus and on their website, taking into account any waiting list.
Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
Some schools also require a SIF to be completed. Please refer to the website for information on their requirements for a SIF. Where a school does require a SIF to be completed, a paper copy can be requested from the school. A paper copy can also be requested from the school. However, a SIF will only be considered valid if you have named the school on the in-year application form.
The waiting list arrangements for unsuccessful applicants to community/controlled schools:
If you are offered a place at a school, and you have also expressed a higher preference for another school or schools, you will automatically be placed on the waiting list for your higher preference school/schools. Waiting lists for community/controlled schools are held for the first term of the reception year, and thereafter applicants are required to complete the local authority's in-year Common Application Form (iCAF) if they wish to remain on the waiting list. In year waiting lists are maintained for one academic year and applicants are required to re-apply for each academic year.
For other schools waiting lists are set out on the primary prospectus brochure, which is available below, or from the schools website.
There is a right of appeal if unsuccessful in an in-year application. The appeals process is described in the school appeals pages of our website.
School admissions team (primary)
Bernard Weatherill House
4th Floor zone A
8 Mint Walk
- Primary School Prospectus - 2018/19 Admissions [3.9MB]
- Application for in year admission to Primary school [96.6KB]
- In year admissions - medical guidance for parents [52.1KB]
- In-Year Applications - Guidance for Parents - Final [59.2KB]
- Form for medical criteria applications [53.0KB]