Applying for a school place
This step-by-step breakdown takes you through the process of applying for a school place for those starting reception or moving to junior or secondary school in 2016
However if you are applying for places in a year group other than starting reception or moving to junior or secondary school you will need to fill out a form on the In year Admissions page.
The 2016/17 application process starts on 1 September 2015
Step 1: Getting ready - do your research
- Read the Primary School Prospectus or Secondary School Prospectus documents as appropriate.
- Find schools near to you: Use our online map to find your nearest state primary school or to find your nearest state secondary school.
- Visit the schools you are interested in making an application to. Visit the open days page for details of secondary school open days. For primary schools you should contact the school direct to arrange a visit.
Step 2: Check the admission policies
Admission criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools 2015/16. You can download the admissions criteria for community and voluntary controlled primary schools 2015/16. These apply to Croydon community and voluntary Controlled schools.
Admission criteria for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools 2016/17. You can download the admissions criteria for community and voluntary controlled primary schools 2016/17 from the "downloads" section at the bottom of this page. These apply to Croydon Community and Voluntary Controlled schools.
Voluntary Controlled Schools also have their own denominational criteria, these schools have their own pages in the prospectus setting out their full admissions criteria. Parents should refer to the prospectus or the school's webpage for full details.
Admission arrangements for other primary and secondary schools. Please visit the Primary schools web pages to view the 2016-17 admission arrangements for academies, foundation schools, free schools and voluntary-aided schools in Croydon.
Please visit the Secondary schools web pages to view the 2016-17 admission arrangements for academies, foundation schools, free schools and voluntary-aided schools in Croydon.
Step 3: Complete your application
You can apply for a school place at www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Supplementary Information Forms (SIF) In addition to making your application online, some schools require you to complete and return direct to them a supplementary information form (SIF). These forms, which are available direct from the schools, ask for information which is not collected on the LA application form but which is needed by the schools concerned to enable them to reach a decision on your application. Please note a SIF will not be considered on its own. You must also include the school as a preference on your online application.
- Closing date for receipt of secondary school applications is 31 October 2015.
- Closing date for receipt of primary school applications is 15 January 2016.
Step 4: Receiving your offer
Primary Schools (Reception and Junior admissions)
During the evening of 18 April 2016, you will be sent an email informing you when you can log in to view the outcome of your application. Please wait until you have received the email before logging onto the Pan London Admissions website.
Accepting the Offer - parents/carers must accept or decline the offer of a place by Monday 2 May 2016.
During the evening of Monday 1 March 2016, informing you when you can log in to view the outcome of your application. Please wait until you have received the email before logging onto the Pan London Admissions website.
Accepting the Offer - parents/carers must accept or decline the offer of a place by Monday 15 March 2016.
Croydon Council will handle the information you have provided in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act. Any personal information will be held in confidence with only the necessary people able to see or use it. Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to make a formal request in writing for access to personal data held about you or your child.
Croydon Council has a duty under the Children's Act 2004 to work with partners to provide and improve services to children and young people in the area. Therefore, Croydon Council may also use this information for other legitimate purposes and may share this information where necessary with other bodies responsible for administering services to children and young people. Croydon Council also has a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and therefore, it may use the information you have provided on your application form for the prevention and detection of fraud.
- Primary school prospectus 2015-2016 [3.5MB]
- Secondary school prospectus 2015-2016 [7.1MB]
- Directory of schools in Croydon [353.8KB]
- Form for medical criteria applications [53.0KB]
- Secondary school map 2015-16 [135.3KB]
- Primary school map [496.3KB]
- Admissions policy for community and voluntary controlled school 2015-16 [522.1KB]
- Determined 2016-17 Admission Arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools [306.0KB]