The Croydon Young Mayor’s Fund is £20,000 that the Young Mayor, and a panel including the deputy Young Mayor and Youth Cabinet are offering to fund exciting projects in Croydon designed by Croydon young people. A group of young people can apply for up to £2,000, to fund short-term projects, celebrations, trips and equipment that will benefit other local young people and their communities in Croydon. The fund enables young people to have a say in young people-focused projects that are delivered in Croydon.
What is funded
The Croydon Young Mayor and his panel are looking to fund activities and projects that represent and address the 10 youth congress priorities and also the election manifesto of the young mayor and deputy. To do this, they are particularly interested in:
- initiatives that place all young people’s safety and distraction from crime at their heart
- projects that provide all young people with opportunities for skills growth and learning for life
The 10 youth congress priorities
- Jobs, how to be successful, financial stability
- Crime and safety
- Mental health issues and support
- All forms of discrimination
- More youth activities (or information about what is going on)
- Life skills support
- Abuse – child, domestic, trafficking
- Better relationships with the police
- Sex and relationship support
- Social media issues
Who is eligible to apply
- groups of young people who are aged 8 to 18 and live, go to school, college, or work in Croydon
- groups of young people who have an adult sponsor, such as a company, charity or community organisation, which has access to a business bank account
What the fund will not support
The fund is not for young people to set up a business, support for-profit organisations, solely benefit project applicants, staff and management costs, projects in schools that are reasonably expected to be funded by the school independently (such as a sports or cultural day or an end of year awards or celebration).
How to apply in 4 simple steps
- Think of a great idea. Share it with friends, groups you attend and adult organisations that support you to see if they think it could work. This will give your idea credibility give you confidence to apply.
- Work out what your project needs and how you would spend up to £2,000.
- Complete, check and return your completed funding application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midnight on Sunday 24 February 2019.
- If your application is selected, you will be invited to pitch your idea to the Young Mayor on Thursday 7 March to stake your claim to the funding!
What happens next
Follow Young Croydon on social media for up-to-date news, information and project announcements: