What is happening?
- We are currently reviewing all of our customers’ accounts with a 25% single person’s discount.
- The review is being carried out by a private company, NEC formerly known as Northgate, on behalf of the council.
- All enquiries are being handled by NEC so the associated phone numbers and contact addresses will not be within Croydon.
It is important that our records are as up to date and accurate as possible to ensure that the bills we send out to customers are correct and everyone is charged the correct amount.
How is the review being carried out?
- All accounts that currently have a single person discount are being checked and where there appears a discrepancy a review form will be sent.
- There will be an online portal for customers to complete with the required information, which is quick, easy and free. Alternatively customers can call and speak to NEC on 0203 660 2484 or they can return the form issued by post.
- Customers will be given 2 weeks to respond to the first letter and if no response is received, a reminder letter will be sent.
- If there is still no response after a further 2 weeks, the discount will be removed. If it turns out a discount has been removed but the customer should still receive it, the discount will be put on to the account again once we have confirmation in writing that they are the only adult in the property.
What are the timescales?
- From 12th July 2021 review forms will be sent out to customers, giving the opportunity to respond and either confirm their circumstances remain the same, or give details of their new circumstances so their account can be updated.
- We expect the review to be concluded by mid October 2021
What do I need to do?
- If you receive a review form, complete your application via the online portal which is quick easy and free, to validate your single persons discount.
- Alternatively please call the NEC review team on 0203 660 2484 to validate your single person’s discount or complete your application and return it in the post.
If you have any queries, please contact the helpline on 0203 660 2484. The helpline is likely to be very busy in the first few weeks of the review so please keep trying if you can’t get through straight away.