Croydon aspires to be a place noted for its safety, openness and community spirit where everyone who lives and works here has a strong sense of belonging. As a council and in partnership with others we aim to address the needs and aspirations of local people to create a place of opportunity for all.
Croydon is the largest London borough in terms of population, and one of the most diverse in outer-London. This rich diversity is a significant strength for the borough, making Croydon the vibrant and dynamic place it is today.
The Equality Act 2010 came into force from October 2010, and the new public sector equality duty came into force from 5 April 2011. The Act brings together approximately 116 separate pieces of legislation including the duties found in the Race Relation Act and Disability Discrimination Act.
Section 149 of the Act places a general duty on public authorities, who must, in the exercise of their functions, have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not;
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Equality annual report 2015
Please find below the equality annual report 2015
Equality strategy 2012 - 2016
Please find below the equality strategy 2012 - 2016, action plan and equality impact assessment (EqIA).
Equality annual report 2014-2015
Please find below the equality annual report 2014-2015
Equality annual report 2013-2014
Please find below the equality annual report 2013-2014
London Borough of Croydon
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
- Equality Annual Report 2015 [2.5MB]
- Equality Strategy 2012 - 2016 [3.2MB]
- Corporate Equality Action Plan 2013-15 [571.4KB]
- Equality Annual Report 2014-15 [2.8MB]
- Equality Annual Report 2013-2014 [3.7MB]
- Equality Annual Report 2012-13 [3.3MB]
- Equality Strategy Easy Read [1.6MB]
- EqIA - Equality Strategy 2012-16 [1.2MB]