Croydon Council’s Equality and Inclusion Policy 2014-16 sets out our vision to create a fair society through the services we provide, the people we employ and the money we spend.
We are ambitious to create a place where people have a sense of belonging, are united by a sense of shared values around opportunity and fairness so that everyone can lead fulfilling lives. Through the delivery of the policy, we will ensure that the borough continues to be a place where people want to live and work - a place where everyone has fair and equal opportunities and life chances.
We will focus on the following priorities to deliver better outcomes for local people and create a place where people have a sense of belonging, are united by a sense of shared values around opportunity and fairness so that everyone can lead fulfilling lives:
- Make Croydon a place of opportunity and fairness by tackling inequality, disadvantage and exclusion.
- Foster good community relations and cohesion by getting to know our diverse communities and understand their needs.
- Encourage local people to be independent and resilience by providing responsive and accessible services offering excellent customer care.
- Improve empowerment and participation by strengthening partnership work with community, faith and voluntary sectors.
- Provide strong leadership, partnership and organisational commitment by enabling staff and communities to find solutions to the things that matter most to them.
- Become an employer of choice by recruiting, developing and retaining an efficient, talented and motivated workforce that broadly reflects the communities that we serve at all levels.
Everyone who delivers or receives a service from the council is expected to share our commitment to equality and inclusion. This includes people or organisations we work in partnership with and those who provide goods and services on our behalf.
We will monitor the delivery of our equality and inclusion policy and take decisive and appropriate action against those found to be in breach of this policy.
You can view a copy of the policy in the "downloads" section below.
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the policy and the survey, please email us at email@example.com