London Borough of Croydon

For your own safety, in case of emergency you may be required to evacuate your home.

Where will you be evacuated to?

It is likely that the emergency services will offer you the option of going to an emergency rest centre. This is likely to be a public building and will be a place of safety and a source of information for the duration of the emergency. While every effort will be made to ensure that you are comfortable and your needs are catered for, it will be communal and may be crowded.

You may decide to stay with friends or relatives instead but please ensure that the emergency services or the local authority knows how to contact you when you are able to return to your home. You can also check to see whether your Home Insurance covers temporary accommodation.