Emergency contact numbers
- LB Croydon switchboard - 020 8726 6000
- Emergency Services (Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance) - 999
- Environment Agency Floodline - 0345 988 1188
- Power cuts and electricity problems (new national number) - 105
- Sutton & East Surrey Water 24hr Emergency Line - 01737 772000 (Is the water pipe your responsibility?)
- Thames Water Leakline - 0800 714 614
- Thames Water Sewerage - 0845 9200 888
- Thames Water Sewer Flooding 0800 316 9800
- UK Power Networks (emergencies and power cuts) - 0800 316 3105
- National Grid (Gas emergency) - 0800 111 999
- NHS Direct - dial 111
- Anti-terrorist hotline - 0800 789 321.
Where to get information
In major emergency situations, it may be necessary for the Council to issue warnings and advice to the public.
These messages will normally be broadcast on:
In some cases dedicated telephone information lines may be set up.
Other methods may also be used, depending upon the nature of the emergency, including:
- Council Twitter: www.croydon.gov.uk/yourcroydon
- Your Croydon
- loudspeaker announcements
- hand-delivered leaflets.