Citizenship and nationality
Nationality Checking is a service available in Croydon for people applying for British citizenship . We will ensure that your nationality application form is correctly completed including supporting documents. We will not give you nationality or passport advice.
If you want to find out about applying for a citizenship go to the Becoming a British Citizen section of the Gov.uk website
There are two forms which can be downloaded from the Home Office website:
You must complete one form for each adult and one form for each child. Full guidance notes can also be downloaded from the Home Office website:
Home Office application fees (from April 2018) are:
adult application - £1,330 each
child's application - £1,012 each
Fees can be paid by:
cheque (payable to the “accounting officer, Home Office”) or
providing the relevant credit/debit card details on the application form. Please give the completed form to checking officer at the interview.
Please note, we are unable to accept cash payments.
Check and send service - book an appointment
Our Nationality Checking service will help you to complete your application for British citizenship. For a fee we will:
- check that your application is completed
- ensure that you have the required documents
- check and certify copies of your supporting documents
- send your application(s) and fees to the Home Office by special delivery post.
The 'check and send' service is not available for:
- final settlement (indefinite leave to remain)
- application for residency card.
Check and send service fees
- Adult application £72.00
- Child application £42.00 (under the age of 18)
A booking fee is payable by credit/debit card at the time of booking with the remainder payable when you attend the appointment.
Please note: these fees are on top of the fee payable to the Home Office.
To book an appointment for the Check and Send Service follow this link: Appointments for Nationality Checking Service. Please note: All adult applicants must attend the appointment.
Ensure that you bring the following to the appointment:
- guidance notes and completed application form for each adult / minor
- passport(s) covering the last five years of your presence in this country. Or other documented evidence to show this (letters from employers, etc.)
- 'Knowledge of life in UK' certificate plus the extra qualification. Please see guidelines (not required for any children under 18)
- 'Indefinite leave to remain' or 'indefinite leave to enter' stamp for the last 12 months. If you are married to a British citizen you only need to be free from immigration restrictions on the day you apply.
- proof you were in the UK five years before the application date
- your marriage certificate/civil partnership schedule if applicable (with translation if needed)
- cheque, credit or debit card to pay for the Home Office application fee (cheque payable to the “accounting officer, Home Office”)
- credit or debit card to pay for nationality checking service appointment fees
- Passport and full birth certificate of any children included in the application (with translation if needed)
Please note, Life in the UK / ESOL certificates are not required for any children under 18.
What happens after your appointment
After you’ve applied you’ll get a letter confirming receipt of your application from the Home Office. It can take up to 4 weeks for you to get the confirmation. For further information or if you haven’t heard from them please contact Home Office. Please note, a decision on your application can take up to 6 months.
Croydon Register Office
Ground Floor Offices
Croydon Town Hall
Monday - Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm (Closed on the first Wednesday morning of every month for training )