Check and send service
Our document 'check and send' service will help you to complete your application for British citizenship. For a fee we will:
- check that your application has been completed correctly
- ensure that all the required documents have been submitted
- check and certify copies of your supporting documents
- send your application(s) and fees to the Home Office by special delivery post.
The 'check and send' service is not available for final settlement (indefinite leave to remain) or application for residency card.
- Adult application £50.00
- Child application £25.00 (under the age of 18).
Fees payable by credit/debit card.
Please note: these fees are in addition to the fee payable to the Home Office.
To book an appointment or for more information, contact us on the details below.
You can download a copy of the adult application form (AN) and the child's application form (MN1), along with the guidance notes from the Home Office website. You must complete one form for each adult and/or minor applying for citizenship.
Home Office application fee (from April 2016):
- adult application - £1,236
- child's application - £936 each.
Fees can be paid by:
- cheque (payable to the accounting officer, Home Office) or
- providing the relevant credit/debit card details on the application form. Please give the completed form to checking officer at the interview.
Ensure that you have the following:
- guidance notes and application form for each adult / minor
- passport(s) covering the last five years or documentary evidence of your presence in this country (letters from employers, etc.) for the whole of the qualifying period
- 'Knowledge of life in UK' certificate plus the additional qualification – please see guidelines (not required for any children under 18)
- 'Indefinite leave to remain' or 'indefinite leave to enter' stamp for the last 12 months. If you are married to a British citizen you only need to be free from immigration restrictions on the day you apply.
- proof you were in the UK five years prior to the application
- your marriage certificate/civil partnership schedule (if you are married or civil partners) with translation if applicable
- cheque, credit or debit card for the Home Office fee (payable to the accounting officer, Home Office)
- credit/debit card, for nationality checking service
- if the application includes children, their passport and full birth certificate, with translation if appropriate.
Please note: All adult applicants must attend the appointment. Life in the UK / ESOL certificates are not required for any children under 18.
What happens next
During the two months following your application, you will be receive an invitation to enrol your biometrics. Please be aware, if you are planning to leave the UK during those months, you only have 15 days in which to complete this. Failure to do so within the required period could result in your application being rejected.
Croydon Register Office
Ground Floor Offices
Croydon Town Hall
Monday - Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm (Closed on the first Thursday of every month for training (mornings only))