We all make choices every day. What you choose shapes your future and affects those around you.
With 93,000 young people living in Croydon (that’s one-fifth of the population) the choices they have and what they choose to do matter to everyone.
- Choosing to study, train for a dream job, or find a creative outlet all make a positive difference.
- On the other hand, someone who chooses to carry a knife, is more likely to become a victim – as well as potentially being responsible for the injury or death of others.
What we can do together
Hundreds of local young people met at our first Youth Congress in July 2017. They agreed that their biggest concerns were finding a job and earning money, followed by issues around safety.
The Choose your future campaign aims to:
- Support young people in avoiding the poor decisions that could ruin their lives.
- Unite Croydon in helping young people build successful futures.
Support the campaign
There will be a number of ways for you to support our campaign. Here are a few:
- Support the campaign on social media – listen to young people’s stories and share your own about the choices you’ve made or are making.
- Offer work experience, mentoring, volunteering or apprenticeships
- Be a responsible knife retailer
- Wear the t-shirt
More information coming soon on news.croydon.gov.uk/choose.