Croydon Best Start
Best Start is a service from pregnancy until your child turns 5. It is made up of a number of different organisations all working together to support you to give your child the Best Start in life. By working together Best Start aims to give you a smooth service and ensure that you get all the information you need at the right time.
Keeping up to date with Best Start activities
This is a pubic page and the ‘events’ button lists all that is happening. We would love your feedback and ideas so please comment and share.
Best Start are also on twitter @cbeststart
What can Best Start offer me?
|Best Start children's centres||Best Start health|
Best Start also work with community organisations to give you:
- Parenting courses – These peer to peer groups are run by trained parents. Please email email@example.com for next course date
- Employability courses – All courses have a crèche running alongside and can be found listed here
- One to one home visiting support service. For information please visit http://www.croydon-homestart.co.uk/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Well - a drop in café for tea and coffee, every Thursday 10am-12pm, Beulah Family Church, Beulah Crescent, Thornton Heath, CR7 8JL
- Squats n tots – a group for mums and babies who want to exercise and get fit. Every Thursday 10am-12pm, Endeavour Hall, 273 Norbury Crescent, SW16 4FL, Facebook - @squatsntotsT
- Circle of Friends – a peer to peer support group. Please call number below to let them know you are coming., Every Thursday 10am-2pm, 1-8 Ramsey Court, 122 Church St, Croydon CR0 1RF, 07572795201
- Money Matters – advice on a range of finance topics including housing benefits, universal credit, council tax credits, Every Wednesday 10am-12.30pm, 1-8 Ramsey Court, 122 Church St, Croydon CR0 1RF, Email email@example.com 02086670207
- Parenting hub - Best Start also offer parenting programmes provided by the Best Start parenting hub to help you manage your children's behaviour and promote healthy child development and require a referral form to be completed. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The parent infant partnership work with parents-to-be and parents of babies up to 24 months to build stronger and positive relationships with their babies. Download the flyer.
Is there is something missing in your area you think could benefit parents?
Our Best Start community builders may be able to support you to set up a project. If you have an idea please contact your local community builder below:
- email@example.com (James covers New Addington)
- JennyJ@acorns2oaks.net (Jenny covers Selhurst and South Norwood)
- Lorrainep@acorns2oaks.net (Lorraine covers Broadgreen)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Marina covers Heathfield)
- email@example.com (Melissa covers Thornton Heath)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Natalia covers Waddon)