London Borough of Croydon

If you’re a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen living in the borough of Croydon, you and your family will be able to apply for either settled or pre-settled status. This will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020. The deadline to apply for settled or pre-settled status is 30 June 2021.

Croydon council can help residents complete the ID verification part of the process.

Who can apply

You can find out who is required to apply for pre-settled or settled status on GOV.UK.

There will be no change to current rights under EU law until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020.

Identity verification

You will need to verify your ID during your application. There are several ways of doing this.

Android phone or tablet

If you have an android phone or tablet, you can use it to scan your ID yourself using the free EU exit: ID document check app. You can download the app on Google Play. The app will be available on iPhone later in 2019.

Online and by post

If you are currently in the UK, you can apply online and then post your documents for checking.

Start an application online at GOV.UK

In person

You can make an appointment to bring your ID document to us to scan and verify it for you. You will then be able to make an application for pre-settled or settled status.

We will not need to keep your ID document and in most cases you should not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for pre-settled or settled status.

To book an appointment to use the EU settlement service, call 020 8726 6000 extension 50106 between 1.30pm and 4pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

Appointments will take place at:

Croydon Register Office
Fell Road

Make sure you are on time or you may have to wait whilst others are seen.

What to bring to your appointment

  • your current valid biometric EU, EEA or Swiss passport or a valid biometric residence permit (BRP) for family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email

Only the ID documents listed above can be checked by us, if you do not have one of these ID documents, contact UK Visas and Immigration.

Find out more about the EU settlement scheme.