We are inviting groups to apply for funds to provide nature conservation activities in the London Borough of Croydon. List of previous successful applications can be downloaded below. They include:
- woodland projects
- conservation of ponds
- planting for conservation
- access improvements
- purchase of tools and safety equipment.
Please contact Meike Weiser, details below, to discuss your project before completing the application form.
Your proposed activities must contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- increased community involvement with nature conservation projects
- increased community awareness of nature conservation projects
- improved, enhanced or protected bio-diversity on sites
- improved access to Croydon’s parks and countryside
- increased enjoyment of Croydon’s parks and countryside.
Please note that the land you plan to work on must be accessible to the public and be in the London Borough of Croydon.
Your group can apply for £50 to £500 at anytime during the year; you can make more than one bid per year. This amount bid for can be used for match funding, for example for lottery funding.
Bids are accepted anytime From April 2018 until end of February 2019. Turnaround of applications is 4-6 weeks
How to Apply
Please complete the simple application from the downloads section below and email to email@example.com
Advice and Support
If you need advice and support or have a question, please contact Meike Weiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms available in large print. One to one support offered to complete forms.
Your bid will be assessed and you will be contacted within two weeks to notify you whether your bid has been successful. If you are not successful, we are happy to provide you with feedback on your bid.
Standard funding conditions
If you are successful, we will ask you to fill in an acceptance form. This will include our standard terms and conditions, which can be downloaded below.
You will need:
- a bank account, with two signatories, for us to pay the grant into
- to confirm that you comply with the council's Equality Policy Statement
- to submit a report saying how your activities went, once they are completed
- to return any part of the grant that is not spent.
You will need to attach the following documents to your acceptance form
- your group's constitution if not already submitted
- the names of your committee members
- your health and safety policy, if available
- your insurance policies, as appropriate
- your safeguarding policies, if your activities involve children or vulnerable adults that are not accompanied by their parents or carers.
Public Realm Office
Stubbs Mead Depot
3rd Floor Floor, Zone G
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk