We are inviting groups to apply for funds to provide nature conservation activities in the London Borough of Croydon. List of previous successful applications can be downloaded below. They include:
- woodland projects
- conservation of ponds
- planting for conservation
- access improvements
- purchase of tools and safety equipment.
Please contact Meike Weiser, details below, to discuss your project before completing the application form.
Your proposed activities must contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- increased community involvement with nature conservation projects
- increased community awareness of nature conservation projects
- improved, enhanced or protected bio-diversity on sites
- improved access to Croydon’s parks and countryside
- increased enjoyment of Croydon’s parks and countryside.
Please note that the land you plan to work on must be accessible to the public and be in the London Borough of Croydon.
Your group can apply for £50 to £500 at anytime during the year; you can make more than one bid per year. This amount bid for can be used for match funding, for example for lottery funding.
If you are successful, payments are normally made around 1 April, 1 July, 1 October and 1 January. Bids must be received at least one month prior to those dates.
Online funding bid form
Start a new application form online:
- if you have not used our online forms before, you will need to create an account by entering your email address and a password.
- if you have used our online forms before, enter your email address and existing password. Some of the information about your group will already be entered; please check it to make sure it is up to date.
To return to an application form you have already started, visit the log in screen. You do not have to enter all your information in one go; you can save it and return to it using the login screen.
You will have to upload your latest annual accounts; make sure that they are on the same computer that you are using to submit your bid. When you have completed your form, click on the Review and Submit button on the last page.
We cannot help you write your funding bids. The application form includes guidance on how to answer each question and there is also a glossary of the terms used, which is downloadable below. If you have any problems completing the forms, please contact Yvonne Gaye, details below.
The following organisations can provide guidance in writing bids.
Your bid will be assessed and you will be contacted within two weeks to notify you whether your bid has been successful. If you are not successful, we are happy to provide you with feedback on your bid.
Standard funding conditions
If you are successful, we will ask you to fill in an acceptance form. This will include our standard terms and conditions, which can be downloaded below.
You will need:
- a bank account, with two signatories, for us to pay the grant into
- to confirm that you comply with the council's Equality Policy Statement
- to submit a report saying how your activities went, once they are completed
- to return any part of the grant that is not spent.
You will need to attach the following documents to your acceptance form
- your group's constitution if not already submitted
- the names of your committee members
- your health and safety policy, if available
- your insurance policies, as appropriate
- your safeguarding policies, if your activities involve children or vulnerable adults that are not accompanied by their parents or carers.
We expect that you would receive your payment no more than one month after we have received your acceptance form and checked your documents.
Public Realm Office
Stubbs Mead Depot
3rd Floor Floor, Zone G
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk