Croydon’s Cultural Partnership Fund
Croydon Council is keen to see more cultural projects, programmes and events taking place across the borough and more funding for culture coming in from other third party funders.
Croydon’s Cultural Partnership Fund is designed to offer partnership funding for cultural projects benefiting Croydon residents. Matched funding is generally around 25% but can be up to 50% and the maximum grant is £10,000. Funds are only available to support projects that are bringing in other third party funding to the borough and are ultimately dependent on that funding being confirmed. Other sources of funding include but not limited to: Arts Council England, Heritage Lottery and Big Lottery funding. You can also register on Open4Croydon to search for other sources of funding.
Applicants are advised and encouraged to discuss their applications to the Fund in advance with the culture team as priorities may change at short notice – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to the Cultural Partnership Fund should be submitted to the Council at the same time as the partner bid is submitted and a minimum of 6 weeks before the decision date. Retrospective awards will not be made.
As a minimum all projects must:
- take place in Croydon, but may be part of initiatives taking place across London
- have a demonstrable public benefit
- help support the development of the cultural sector in Croydon.
Organisations must be non-profit and be at least informally constituted which means having a bank account in the name of the group with at least 2 signatories. Individuals are not eligible to apply unless in partnership with another organisation.
There is a rolling deadline and bids will be assessed (usually) on a monthly basis. Funding will only be allocated to projects that meet the minimum criteria and payment is conditional on the partnership funding being secured.
The funding decisions will be made by the Creative Director in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Culture. Decisions will (usually) be made within 6 weeks of submission and will be confirmed by email.
Please note Croydon’s Cultural Partnership Fund cannot match previously secured funding as they are designed to help your organisations gain the match. Any award made will only be released once the match funding is confirmed. If your match-funding bid is not successful the award from this scheme will be withdrawn.
How to Apply
- Talk to one of the culture team in advance of making an application to ensure you are eligible and about the amount of partnership funding to apply for
- Complete this simple online application form (make sure you have all documents ready)
- Or download a copy of the form ( email completed forn to CultureGrants@croydon.gov.uk)
- Include a full copy of your application to the external funding organisation.
- Email any questions to CultureGrants@croydon.gov.uk
Advice & Support
If you need advice and support or have a question, please contact the culture team - email@example.com Telephone: 020 8726 6000 (Ex 88884)
Application forms available in large print. One to one support offered to complete forms.
Cultruarla Partnership Fund