We help voluntary or community organisations provide projects and activities for Croydon residents. We support projects that make positive change to people and their community.
Your projects and activities must meet one or more of our five key priority outcomes below:
- health and wellbeing programmes
- children and young people activities
- access to homes or preventing homelessness
- safety improvements for neighbourhoods, streets or homes
- employment and careers advice
To be eligible for a grant, you must:
- be a non-statutory organisation
- operate in the not for profit sector
- deliver services or plans to deliver services in Croydon
- be willing to meet our minimum reporting requirements
We will not give grants to:
- trading or profit-making companies
- groups using fund to fundraise or to redistribute
- political parties or organisations intending to support or oppose political activity and/or campaigns
- groups that intend to promote religion
Duration of funding
Community Grants are usually offered for one off events/activities or for projects lasting up to one year. However, we will also consider bids that seek funding for up to 3 years.
For information on funding of £15,000 or more please visit Value Croydon.
Please note: the grant cannot be used to pay for capital expenditure such as building works. It can be used to pay for general running costs of your group or organisation, but these must be proportionate to the project for which funding is being sought.
Application and payment dates
Existing community fund and/or prevention fund recipients - can apply from 1 September to 1 October 2019. If successful, the awards will be made from 1 April 2020.
New applicants - can also apply from 1 September to 1 October 2019. If successful, the awards will be made in January 2020.
From January 2020, applications can be submitted at any time and will be assessed 3 times a year with decisions announced in March, July and November
What happens if my application is successful?
Successful applicants may be required to provide copies of the following:
- A business plan
- Your latest accounts; and
- Names of the main members in your group/organisation.
We understand each project, group or organisation is different, but if required you may also be asked to provide the following document before an award is made:
- Safeguarding children policy
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults policy
- Equality and diversity policy
- Health and safety policy
- Volunteering policy
- Public liability policy number and name of insurer
We cannot help you write your application, but you can email relevant queries to: email@example.com. To assist with your proposal preparation, download a list of the questions asked here. Note: we can only accept your application via the online Community Grant form.
If you would like read more on how we will work in partnership with the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS), download a the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Strategy 2019-2023.
7th Floor , Zone D
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
- Voluntary Community Strategy 2019-23 [5.6MB]
- Minimum reporting requirements [123.0KB]
- Croydon Community Grant FAQ [59.0KB]
- Community Grant application questions - For reference only [346.2KB]