We help voluntary or community organisations provide projects and activities for Croydon residents. We support projects that make positive change to people and their community.
Your projects and activities must meet one or more of our 5 key priority outcomes below:
- health and wellbeing programmes
- children and young people activities
- access to homes or preventing homelessness
- safety improvements for neighbourhoods, streets or homes
- employment and careers advice
To be eligible for a grant, you must:
- be a non-statutory organisation
- operate in the not for profit sector
- deliver services or plans to deliver services in Croydon
- be willing to meet our minimum reporting requirements
We will not give grants to:
- trading or profit-making companies
- groups using fund to fundraise or to redistribute
- political parties or organisations intending to support or oppose political activity or campaigns
- groups that intend to promote religion
Duration of funding
Community grants are usually offered for one off events/activities or for projects lasting up to 1 year.
For information on funding of £15,000 or more, visit Value Croydon.
The grant cannot be used to pay for capital expenditure such as building works. It can be used to pay for general running costs of your group or organisation, but these must be proportionate to the project for which funding is being sought.
What happens if your application is successful
Successful applicants may be required to provide copies of the following:
- a business plan
- your latest accounts; and
- names of the main members in your group or organisation
We understand each project, group or organisation is different, but if required you may also be asked to provide the following document before an award is made:
- safeguarding children policy
- safeguarding vulnerable adults policy
- equality and diversity policy
- health and safety policy
- volunteering policy
- public liability policy number and name of insurer
We cannot help you write your application, but you can email relevant queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To assist with your proposal preparation, download a list of the questions asked. We can only accept your application via the online community grant form.
If you would like read more on how we will work in partnership with the voluntary and community sector (VCS), download the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Strategy 2019-2023.
7th Floor, Zone D
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
- Voluntary Community Strategy 2019-23 [5.6MB]
- Minimum reporting requirements [123.0KB]
- Community Grant application questions - for reference only [346.2KB]