Friends of Parks groups and other interested organisations that want to carry out practical work in Croydon’s Parks, Green Space and Woodlands will need public liability insurance cover. To continue to support community action in parks, the Nature Conservation Grant can cover the cost for this insurance.
If you are a new group please get in touch with Meike Weiser, Community Conservation Partnership Officer, to discuss your ideas and group set-up
Groups wishing to apply for cover of insurance cost should ensure their activities contribute to the following outcomes
- increased community involvement with nature conservation projects
- increased community awareness of nature conservation projects
- improved, enhanced or protected bio-diversity on sites
- improved access to Croydon’s parks and countryside
- increased enjoyment of Croydon’s parks and countryside.
Please note that the land you plan to work on must be accessible to the public and be in the London Borough of Croydon.
How to Apply
Please complete the application from the downloads section below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bids are accepted anytime from April 2021 until the end of February 2022. Turnaround of applications is 4 to 6 weeks.
Advice and Support
If you need advice and support or have a question, please contact Meike Weiser at email@example.com
Application forms available in large print. One to one support offered to complete forms.
Your bid will be assessed and you will be contacted within two weeks to notify you whether your bid has been successful. If you are not successful, we are happy to provide you with feedback on your bid.
Standard funding conditions
If you are successful, we will ask you to fill in an acceptance form. This will include our standard terms and conditions, which can be downloaded below.
You will need:
- a bank account, with two signatories, for us to pay the grant into
- to confirm that you comply with the council's Equality Policy Statement
You will need to attach the following documents to your acceptance form
- your group's constitution if not already submitted
- the names of your committee members
- your health and safety policy, if available
- your insurance policies, as appropriate
- your safeguarding policies, if your activities involve children or vulnerable adults that are not accompanied by their parents or carers.
VCSE glossary (PDF, 182.6KB)
Standard VCSE funding conditions (PDF, 120.0KB)