Workspace provider grant – from December 2021
These grants are for businesses impacted by ongoing Covid-19 uncertainty which has affected the substantial part of their business, leading to a loss of income of at least 10% or more.
To be eligible, businesses must provide workspace as a primary function of their business.
Eligible workspace provider with a minimum of 1000sft premises
Up to £10,000
Eligible workspace provider with a minimum of 2000sqft premises
Up to £20,000
Grants will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To avoid any delay on applications, businesses must provide all information and evidence needed within the online form.
Businesses who have not received the evening and night-time economy top-up grant will be prioritised in this round of funding.
Who can apply?
All types of organisations including but not limited to:
- limited companies
- community interest companies
- limited liability partnerships
To be eligible for the Workspace provider grant, businesses:
- must have a registered or trading address in the London Borough of Croydon
- must have been trading on the 5 January 2021 (note, this means your business must be active – your premises do not need to have been open)
- must have seen a minimum 10% reduction in income (which can be evidenced)
- must have a turnover of £15,000 per annum
Businesses not eligible include
- companies that are in administration, or insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made would not eligible for funding under this scheme
- companies that cannot comply with subsidy control rules in compliance with additional restrictions guidance
- businesses that are not providing workspace as a main source of income
Priority business types
In order for businesses to qualify for the grant, they must provide evidence that they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- All types of organisations are eligible including but not limited to limited companies, community interest companies, limited liability partnerships, charities and social enterprises.
- This funding is to support businesses which have suffered a significant loss of income due to Covid-19. The turnover must have been at least £15,000 per annum during 2019/20 tax year (pro-rata if a newly established business).
- The business must have been actively trading prior to the 5 January 2021. Note, this means your business must be active. Your premises do not need to have been open.
- The business must be fully constituted. It must not be in administration, insolvent or have had a striking-off notice made, either when the national restrictions came into effect, at the point of application, or when the grant is due to be paid.
- Businesses must comply with the new subsidy control rules and be compliant with the additional restrictions guidance.
You will need the following information and evidence to complete the application and demonstrate loss in income of at least 10% as a direct result of COVID-19:
- bank statements for the last six months for the account into which you would like the grant to be paid
- evidence of the fixed ongoing building-related costs (for example, copy of signed lease, or mortgage agreement or ownership)
- profit and loss summary from the last 12 months (2019/20)
- company registration number
The bank account number and sort code you provide in the application form should match exactly that of the bank statements provided as evidence.
Please provide bank statements in pdf format. We cannot accept photographic images of statements. Failure to provide the necessary supporting evidence will result in a delay processing applications and will therefore cause a delay in the payment of grants. Do not complete this form if you have a business that is anything other than a workspace provider.