London Borough of Croydon

If you care for an older person or an adult who is disabled or ill, you are entitled to a carer’s assessment. The assessment looks at how your caring role affects your wellbeing. Visit the Carers Information Service website for further information.

How to apply

In Croydon, The Carers Support Centre on George Street provide our carer assessments. If you would like one, please contact them on:

Parents or carers of a disabled child or young person

If you are a parents or carers of a disabled child or young person you can receive a carer's assessment under the Children and Families Act 2014 from the 0-25 Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) team on 020 8726 6400.

For more carers information visit our being a carer page where you can find services that are available. 


Help downloading files