Business parking permits are intended for employees who regularly use their cars for business purposes. They are not for use solely for commuter parking.
We will only issue them to businesses with 12 employees or less whose usual business address lies within a controlled parking zone.
You will need a separate business parking permit for each vehicle.
The maximum number of permits you may apply for, and the fee, depends on the location of your business. Specifically:
- Inner zones, East Inner, East Outer, North, South and West - two permits maximum
- Outer zones (Coulsdon, Napier Road, Norbury, Old Lodge Lane, Thornton Heath, South Norwood, Sanderstead, South Norwood and Purley) - four permits maximum (or two if purchased quarterly)
View a map of Croydon's controlled parking zones.
How to apply
Renewal of a permit
New: You can now renew your parking permit online via My Account. Registering for My Account will allow you to see all of your information and dealings with the council in one place.
New permit application
If you are applying for a new permit please download the appropriate application form and guidance notes below. Your completed form with the appropriate fee and documentation should then be returned by post or in person to the address indicated on the form.
Please allow 14 days for the issue of a parking permit.
Documents you need to provide
To process your application we require:
- a letter on your company letterhead briefly outlining what the vehicle will be used for
- a copy of the non domestic rates bill or current tenancy agreement confirming the name and address of the company
- payment made by business cheque.
How much do they cost?
There is an administration charge of £30 for all new permit applications which should be added (this administration charge does not apply to permit renewals).
- quarter: £123
- annual: £382 (alternative fuel £190)
- quarter: £123
- first and second annual permits: £382
- third annual permit: £560
- fourth annual permit: £910
Please note there is a surcharge of 1.65% if you pay by credit card. There is no surcharge for debit cards.
What if there is a change in circumstances?
If you move, change your vehicle, will be using a courtesy car or otherwise need to amend the information held by Parking Service, please contact us.
It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure they renew their permit in good time.
|Parking Permits Section|
|Telephone||020 8726 7100|
|Fax||020 8667 1066|
PO Box 1462
Croydon CR9 1WX