Shoppers will be able to take advantage of a range of special offers in Croydon for a second weekend as the council and retailers join forces to thank residents for their support over recent weeks.
This weekend and on Bank Holiday Monday Croydon shoppers will be able to park free or at a discounted rate, enjoy free family fun activities and grab a bargain as retailers and restaurants offer up some great bargains.
The move is part of the council's ongoing effort to support the borough's recovery from the public disorder that affected parts of London and to help get businesses back on their feet.
The package has been put together by the council and the town centre's Business Improvement District (BID), with support from Centrale and the Whitgift Shopping Centre. Further offers will be made available over coming weeks.
The list includes:
- FREE on-street parking and in council car parks throughout the town centre.
- DISCOUNTED £2 all-day parking at Centrale, Q-Park Surrey Street and NCP car parks at Fairfield Halls, Whitgift, Allders, Dingwall Road, Wandle Road.
- Free family fun activities in Centrale, including face painting, balloon modelling and a treasure hunt.
- Free family fun activities at the Whitgift Shopping Centre, including entertainment by clowns and stilt walkers
- Special Bank Holiday discounts from town-centre retailers. For the latest offers visit the council’s website at www.croydon.gov.uk
Councillor Phil Thomas, cabinet member for environment and highways, said: "Thanks to residents, retailers and the wider community, Croydon's definitely back in business. This community has pulled together to show it will not be beaten by the recent public disorder.
"It's imperative that we continue to support our local businesses in their hour of need and I'd urge shoppers to visit Croydon this weekend and take advantage of the free and cut-price parking, and the array of first-class shops and restaurants the borough has to offer."