Croydon Sports Development Team
The Croydon Sports Development Team (formally Croydon Sports Partnership) promotes and develops sporting, recreational and physical activities for local young people, including those with disabilities.
Working in partnership with local businesses and sports organisations, we use a variety of venues across the borough to bring these activities closer to home.
What we do
We organise and supervise sports activities, providing:
- coaching at various levels in a wide range of sports
- taster sessions for all ages and abilities
- training, leadership and coaching courses
- advice and information about sports to clubs and other organisations
- encouragement and support for school leavers interested in continuing to take part in sports
- advice and information on careers in sports and recreation.
London borough team sporting events
We co-ordinate Croydon teams for inter-borough sports competitions, including the:
- London Youth Games
- London Mini-Marathon
For further information see the downloads below or contact the Sports Development Team (details below).
RAP sports courses
These courses are for young people with disabilities and additional needs aged 5 - 18 years. Courses run from April 2013 - March 2014.
For further information see the download below or contact the Sports Development Team.
We want to hear from individuals interested in supporting its work, particularly those qualified in athletics, basketball, hockey and netball. If you are interested in representing your borough at the Youth Games then please contact us.
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/CroydonSportAndActivity
|Sports Development Team|
|Department||Planning and Environment Department|
|Telephone||020 8760 5592|
|Address||9th Floor South Side|
Croydon, CR9 3BT