Beulah Hill Pond is a small secluded area beside the busy Beulah Hill Road which runs from Upper Norwood to Woodside. The pond was formally a watering place for horses and cattle, with a railing across the middle to prevent the animals straying into the deeper water. It was locally called the Big Pond and during the winter when the pond froze it was a favourite place for skating.
A mid 19th century plan shows the Conquering Hero public house beside the pond, obviously a watering place for the people stopped to let their livestock drink at the pond.
The Parks Department assumed responsibility for the pond in 1954.
|Beulah Hill Pond|
|Telephone||020 8726 6900|
|Fax||020 8760 5622|
|Address||Click on map link above for location|