As a library member, you can use the barcode on your library membership card to access subscription-only online reference services. The following websites participate in the scheme:
- Britannica Junior - Encyclopaedia for those aged 5 to 11
- Britannica Student - Encyclopaedia for those aged 12 to 18
- COBRA - a comprehensive, practical and continually updated information resource for anyone looking to start a business, write a business or marketing plan, or conduct research into a new market
- Encyclopaedia Britannica - Encyclopaedia for those aged 18 and over
- Enquire is a free, live-chat question and answer service available 24 hours a day with trained library staff. Libraries throughout England take it in turns to deliver the service Monday to Saturday, 9am-5pm, with libraries in the United States answering your questions at other times. Ask a question via Enquire and get a response straight away from the real-time 24 hour service.
- HM Revenue & Customs starting a business e-learning tool - Have you just started in business and become self-employed? Got a lot of questions about Income Tax, National Insurance, business records and expenses? Then try this e-learning course from HM Revenue and Customs.
- Key Note market research information - market research information (available in all Croydon libraries)
- Life in Great Britain - The online learning practice course to prepare users for the British Citizenship Test
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Dictionaries Pro
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography - biographies of 56,000 men and women who shaped British history worldwide
- Oxford Reference Online - English and bilingual dictionaries, quotations, maps and illustrations, timelines, encyclopaedia, and subject reference guides
- Oxford Art Online - biographies of artists, images, definitions of art terms
- Oxford Music Online - biographies of musicians and composers, definitions of musical terms
- Theory Test Pro - a highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory tests for all vehicle categories. It contains all the official test questions licensed from the DSA, the people who set the tests.
- UK Newsstand - national and regional newspapers
The online services below can only be accessed from a Croydon Library computer:
- Ancestry library edition - key records for family history research, including 1841-1901 census; birth, marriage and death records; street directories, telephone directories, school and military lists.
- Westlaw - an online law reference service covering UK Cases, Legislation, EU Law, Current Awareness, Commentary and 20 years of Journals. Available only at Croydon Central Library.
|Telephone||020 8726 6900|
|Fax||020 8253 1004|
|SMS||Text "LIBRARY" to 60660|