You should refer to your conditions of tenancy for a full list of things that you are responsible for keeping in good repair.
- clearing all blocked internal waste pipes and traps
- replacing light bulbs, electrical fuses and plug tops as necessary
- replacing strip lighting and lightbulbs in sealed bathroom units
- reparing and replacing all internal door hinges, locks and brackets
- repairing and replacing internal door frames and skirting boards
- repairing and replacing all kitchen cupboards
- replacing any cracked or broken glass to both the interior and exterior of the property (if you are unable to provide a crime reference number)
- minor repairs to flooring, including tiles and other floor coverings
- minor repairs to plaster
- repairs to minor cracks in ceiling
- replacing waste plugs and chains for sinks, basins and baths
- repairing and replacing all damaged coat hooks and rails, curtain fittings and any shelving or clothes-airers
- replacing damaged or unserviceable toilet seats, insulation jackets to hot water cylinders or tanks
- tiling to walls in kitchens and bathrooms or tiles to hearths and fire surrounds
- keeping all chimneys and solid fuel boiler flues regularly swept (at least once a year) and free from obstruction
- maintaining any gas and electric appliances which you have fitted
- regularly checking and replacing any smoke detectors fitted in the property
Minor repairs are repairs that can be carried out without the need for special tools or expensive materials and/or equipment. In the case of flooring, this is limited to repairs under 1 sq. metre (up to 9 tiles).
- repairing and replacing fences between private gardens (we will repair or replace fences that adjoin roads, public footpaths, alleyways or communal gardens)
- repairing and replacing paths in private gardens
- replacing washing lines and posts
- all repairs to free-standing sheds in private gardens
- cutting back any trees or hedges growing within the property boundaries, subject to certain restrictions
Repairs that are your responsibility should be arranged by you using a competent trades person.
For more information see the 'Repair Guide for Tenants'
If you have lost or misplaced your copy, contact the repairs team.
|Repairs - Council Homes|
|Department||Department of adult services, health and housing|
|Telephone||020 8726 6101|
|Address||Floor 3, Zone F|
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk