Some minor repairs are covered under the concessionary repairs scheme
The concessionary scheme can be considered for the following repairs:
Interior maintenance and decoration:
- replacing all internal door hinges, locks and brackets
- repairing and replacing internal door frames and skirting boards
- repairing and replacing all cupboards
- minor repairs to flooring, including tiles and other floor coverings
- minor repairs to plaster
- repairs to minor cracks in ceiling
What are minor repairs?
Minor repairs are repairs that can be done without the need for special tools or expensive materials.
In the case of flooring, this is limited to repairs under 1 sq. metre (up to 9 tiles).
- repairing and replacing fences between private gardens
- repairing and replacing paths in private gardens
- replacing washing line posts
- all repairs to free-standing sheds in private gardens
You may be eligible for the concessionary repairs scheme if:
- you are a tenant of a sheltered or special sheltered scheme
- you are a tenant aged 70 or over
- you are registered disabled*
*If you are registered disabled, you will need to complete and return the form at the bottom of this page with the appropriate documentation before a concessionary repair can be carried out.
|Repairs - Council Homes|
|Telephone||020 8726 6101 or 6102|