The Croydon youth offending team (YOS) aims to reduce the level of offending by children and young people aged 10-17. It is made up of representatives from the local authority, police, national probation service, health authorities and other local organisations. This multi-agency approach is designed to address the risk factors associated with offending and to meet the individual needs of young people.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to reduce youth crime.
- Ensure that each young person who breaks the law is dealt with without delay and in a manner that meets the needs of the individual.
- Work with young people to address the particular issues that put them at risk of offending.
- Encourage consultation with young people about the services they receive and ensure that our service reflects and values fairness, equality and diversity.
- Confront young offenders with the consequences of their behaviour in relation to themselves, their family or carer, the victim and the community to develop a sense of personal responsibility.
- Encourage young people to provide reparation to victims.
- Reinforce the responsibility of parents to help them prevent their children from offending.
- Protect the public.
|Youth offending service|
|Telephone||020 8404 5800|
51-55 South End
Surrey CR0 1BF