Who are we?
We are social services and health staff who work together to support adults with a learning disability and their carers.
What types of support can we provide?
- help people with a learning disability to live independently with support
- arrange support at home or short breaks away for people who live with carers
- arrange supported housing or other accommodation, such as residential care
- support people with a learning disability with their health needs
- support people with a learning disability who also have a mental health problem or difficulty managing their behaviour
- help people with a physical disability, as well as a learning disability, to keep as active as possible
- help people with a learning disability who have eating or weight problems
- advise and support people to keep safe
- take action to stop abuse
To report abuse of a vulnerable adult, see also Reporting Abuse.
We are moving to a new way of providing adult social care called 'self-directed support'.
We are now testing this with a small group of people.
To find out about self-directed support in Croydon, see also Self-directed support introduction.
Can I use the service?
You can use the service if you:
- are over the age of 18
- have a clear and permanent learning disability and need support to manage your life
- have health needs your own doctor cannot help you with
- live in Croydon or have always been supported by Croydon. If another council already supports you, they may continue to support you
- are the carer of a person with a learning disability who lives in Croydon
How do I apply for support?
You can telephone, send a letter, email or visit us. See contact details at the bottom of this page.
We will first carry out an assessment of your needs.
Will I have to pay for the support I receive?
We will carry out a financial assessment to see if you must pay towards the services you receive.
See also Charging for social care services.
For further information, download a copy of the Joint Community Learning Disability Team leaflet below.
|Social services for adults|
|Telephone||020 8726 6500|
|Minicom||020 8760 5797|
Croydon CR9 3JS