Check and send service
We have introduced a document 'check and send' service to help you to complete your application for British citizenship. For a modest fee we will:
- check that your application has been completed correctly
- ensure that all the required documents have been submitted
- check and certify copies of your supporting documents
- send your application(s) and fees to the Home Office by special delivery post.
The 'check and send' service is not available for final settlement (indefinite leave to remain).
- Adult application £50.00
- Child application £25.00 (under the age of 18).
Fees may be paid by cash, postal order or cheque payable to Croydon Council (cheque guarantee card required).
Please note: these fees are in addition to the fee payable to the Home Office.
To book an appointment or for more information contact us on the details below.
You can download a copy of the adult application form (AN) and the child's application form (MN1), along with the guidance notes from the Home Office website. You must complete one form for each adult and/or minor applying for citizenship.
Home Office application fee (from April 2014)
- adult application - £906
- childs application - £669 each
Fees can be paid by cheque (payable to: the accounting officer, Home Office) or by filling in the relevant credit/debit card details on the application form (to be given to checking officer at the interview).
Have you got the following?
- guidance notes and application form for each adult /minor
- passport(s) covering the last five years or documentary evidence of your presence in this country (letters from employers, etc) for the whole of the qualifying period
- 'Knowledge of life in UK' certificate plus the additional qualification – please see guidelines (not required for any children under 18)
- 'Indefinite leave to remain' or 'indefinite leave to enter' stamp for the last 12 months. (If you are married to a British citizen you only need to be free from immigration restrictions on the day you apply.)
- proof you were in the UK five years prior to the application
- your marriage certificate/civil partnership schedule (if you are married or civil partners) translation if applicable
- cheque, credit or debit card for the Home Office fee (payable to the accounting officer, Home Office)
- cash or cheque, with cheque card, for nationality checking service
- if the application includes children, their passport and full birth certificate (with translation if appropriate).
Please note: All adult applicants must attend the appointment. Life in the UK / ESOL certificates are not required for any children under 18.
|Home Office (Immigration Directorate)|
|Telephone||0870 606 7766|
|Address||Apollo House |
Block C, Whitgift Centre
36 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 3RR
|Croydon Register Office|
|Telephone||020 8726 6300|
|Fax||020 8760 5633|
|Address||Ground Floor Offices |
Croydon Town Hall
Monday - Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm (Closed on the first Thursday of every month for training (mornings only))