Croydon Discretionary Support
Croydon Council is responsible for supporting customers who previously received crisis loans and community care grants.from the Department of Work and Pensions. This assistance is known as Croydon Discretionary Support (CDS).
Claims for CDS must be made directly to the council by telephone or in writing using the Croydon Council claim form. You can download a copy of the claim form at the bottom of this page.
Customers who may be supported through the scheme
The new CDS scheme seeks to support Croydon residents in the following categories:
- in times of crisis
- moving out of institutional or residential care
- to help residents stay in their communities and keep families together
We will normally only make one award in a rolling 12 month period.
To be considered for an award, applicants will generally have to demonstrate the following:
- they fit into one of the categories mentioned above
- they have lived in Croydon for at least three months or are moving into Croydon from certain institutions
- they are over 16 years of age
- they are in receipt of, or are about to receive, one of the following:
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Any disability benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
- Pension Credit
More details of these can be found at the bottom of this page. Awards will normally be in the form of gift cards or vouchers. We cannot issue cash payments.
Croydon Council and its partners offer other assistance in addition to CDS.
|Telephone||020 8760 5719|
|Fax||020 8667 8440|
|Address||Croydon Discretionary Support Team|