We are committed to making our online information accessible to all visitors and are striving to adhere to accessibility guidelines. Our efforts include:
- Maintaining a standard layout and navigation structure throughout
- Using headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML (HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure
- Allowing visitors to resize all text using their browser settings
- Using plain backgrounds to improve the readability of all text
- Using foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems to those with visual impairments
- Using alt attributes and/or titles on all images where appropriate, and ensuring that all alt and title attributes are meaningful
- Designing layouts to work satisfactorily over a range of screen resolutions
- Ensuring all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text
- Avoiding short-hand language such as 'Click here'
- Using plain English
- Using a written style that is straightforward and understandable
We are always trying to improve our website. If you have any comments on our accessibility policy, or suggestions about how to improve the site please contact us using the details below.
Resizing the text
To increase the text size:
Internet Explorer: View > Text size
Firefox: View > Text size
Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
You can also resize the text by scrolling with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key or pressing"Ctrl" and "+" or "-"
If you need help with translating information on this website to another language you can contact our Translation and Interpreting Service. You can also use an online service such as Google Translate.
Some information is made available as to download as a PDF or Microsoft Office format for you to use at your convenience. We provide links to free software to ensure you can view this files on our help downloading files page.
This website has been designed to be compatible with all modern browsers.
|Telephone||020 8726 6000|
|Fax||020 8760 0871|
|Minicom||020 8760 5797|
|Address||Croydon Council, Taberner House, Park Lane, Croydon, CR9 3JS|